The Third International Conference on Big Data and Smart Computing (BigComp 2016)
January 18 2016, Hong Kong, China
The International Conference on Big data and Smart Computing (BigComp) is a leading international forum for exchanging ideas and information in the emerging fields of intelligent computing for big data. The Program Committees of the BigComp 2016 solicit proposals for workshops to be held with the main conference. Workshop topics will typically match those identified in the BigComp 2016 general call for contributions, but proposals concerned with other relevant areas are also welcome.
Researchers and practitioners are invited to submit proposals for review. The organizers of approved workshops will be responsible for publicizing the workshop, forming the program committees, reviewing and selecting the papers, and guaranteeing a high quality. Proposals for half-day and full-day workshops comprising of at least 6 regular papers with optional keynote talks and panel discussions are welcome. The organizers should ensure registration and presence of authors of accepted papers, and commit to attend their entire workshop.
Workshop proposals (2 pages maximum) should include the following information:
- Motivation for the workshop and appropriateness to BigComp.
- Theme and purpose of the workshop.
- Format and planned activities and a tentative schedule of workshop (a half day or full day).
- Selection process for presenters and minimum/maximum number of participants.
- List of organizers with a short biographical sketch of each organizer, describing relevant qualifications and experience.
- Names of program committee members with an indication of which members have already agreed.
- If the workshop has been held at previous BigComp or another conference,
the organizers should describe briefly past attendance and outcomes, and why another workshop is needed.
|- Big data applications: Bioinformatics, Multimedia, Smartphones, etc.
Proposals should be submitted as Word or PDF document. Proposals should be attached and emailed to BigComp 2016 workshop co-chairs (email@example.com
) no later than June 30 2015. Please contact Haruo Yokota (firstname.lastname@example.org
) and/or Wei Gao (email@example.com
) for any inquiry.
- Workshop proposal submission due: July 10, 2015 (extended)
- Workshop acceptance notification: July 17, 2015 (extended)
- Workshop paper submission due:
November 07, 2015 November 29, 2015 (23:59, HKT)
- Workshop paper acceptance notification:
November 22, 2015 December 6, 2015
- Camera ready Papers: December 13, 2015
- Workshops: January 18, 2016